Friday, October 9, 2026

ChatGPT nuance and banter

I had a picture of a character in my Western named Karen McIntyre whom I wanted to look more arrogant, so I asked GPT to that. It did the picture well, adding the commentary, "I raised Karen's chin and gave her a cooler, more appraising expression. She reads as more arrogant without looking theatrical." 


I thought that showed an extra touch of nuance, and for fun I replied, "Her name is Karen, after all."

GPT replied, "And this Karen doesn't ask to speak to the manager. She tells him what to do."

Plenty of humans wouldn't get the Karen reference at all, and very few would come back with that level of banter.

I just found that impressive. And GPT is the least clever it will ever be from now on.

No comments:

ChatGPT nuance and banter

I had a picture of a character in my Western named Karen McIntyre whom I wanted to look more arrogant, so I asked GPT to that. It did the pi...